Step by step instructions, tips, and shortcuts for the Simple Mask by Dora Cary of Orange Dot Quilts.
FREE Simple Mask pattern link: http://orangedotquilts.com/simplemask.
(You will need to go through the motions of “buying” it but NO PAYMENT information will be asked of you.)
Please print the templates at 100% scale for adults and at 75% scale for children’s masks.
Folding of the mask at minute 8:30 in the video.
Complete mask kits available at http://etsy.com/shop/OrangeDotQuilts.
Video produced by Carla Cary of https://www.facebook.com/carlacarysocialmedia/
Follow Orange Dot Quilts on Instagram and Facebook.
Mask order information: Please visit my Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/OrangeDotQuilts every Friday when available masks will be uploaded in the shop. No more custom mask orders will be accepted over email. Thank you!
Simple Mask materials:
1) 10″ x 16 1/2″ quilting cotton
2) 6′ x 10″ thin cotton batting (I use Quilter’s Dream, 100% cotton, Select weight)
3) 1/4″ x 3″ flat aluminum wire (can be cut out of thin aluminum flashing or an empty soda can)
4) two binding pieces 1 3/4″ x 4″
5) two pieces of round cord (or flat) elastic, 2 mm in diameter and 5 1/2″ to 8″ in length (for most women, ear loops about 6″ in length are a good fit; for men, ear loops between 7″ and 8″ seem to fit the best)
– pencil or other fabric marker;
– fabric clips;
– sewing machine (or needle and thread).
Thank you for watching!
Correction: The Children’s Hospital where Dr. Goodman works is in Mission Viejo not Mission “San” Viejo. 🙂